Friday 24 August 2012

40th Birthday Gift

Happy 40th Birthday Helen!


Today I am sharing my birthday gift to Helen.  I gave this to her last Saturday at Seb's birthday party so I didn't see her open it so I hope she liked it.

Close up shot of Ruby and Scarlett who are Helens beautiful daughters

Sisters cut using the big shot alphabet from Stampin Up - the dot from the i went walkabout so I used a rolled rose in its place

I stamped the crumb cake background with the large flower head from the Reason to Smile stamp set in crumb cake for a subtle look.  Rolled rose in pretty in pink, blushing bride, pink pirouette and crumb cake.  The tiny flowers is a punch from the itty bitty trio and the larger punched flower if the boho blossom punch.  The lucky limeade leaves are cut with the bird punch.

A few rhinestones were also added for a little bit of sparkle.  Below is the finished gift - I had the frame made by a company in Wakefield called Bevelo and their service was fantastic.

I was quite sad to give this away as I really enjoyed making it!  It didn't take too long to put together.  The most time consuming thing were the rolled flowers as I made lots of each size and still have a few left over for some cards.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. This is just beautiful Jane. Such a thoughtful and personalized gift. I'm sure your friend loves it!
    Hugs, Victoria ~x~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure that your sister loved it - its absolutely gorgeous!! Love those flowers.
    Kate
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO beautiful Jane. Lucky Helen......

    ReplyDelete